httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: FYI: worker not running on Solaris 8
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:12:04 GMT
jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com> writes:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Not even starting up... Once I launch it, the first child dies, and no
> > > workers are left to process requests... Now trying with "threaded"...
> >
> > Great... Should RTFM before complaining :) Setting the group to "nobody"
> > made the trick! :)
>
> You are lucky - My httpd-2.0 hangs in getaddrinfo from apr_sockaddr_info_get,
> the getaddrinfo does 'strange' things with threads -

The only thing I can think of is some sort of --broken-getaddrinfo
parameter for APR to tell it that getaddrinfo() is broken even though
the ./configure sanity checks say that getaddrinfo() is good.  (And
no, I don't want to see if I can make getaddrinfo() hang during
./configure :) ).

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...