httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.32 beta is available
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:43:07 GMT
Jeroen Massar <> writes:

> > > Unless someone submitted patches since the 2.0.32-alpha tarball last
> > > week. I don't think Win32/nt works especially as it relies on
> > > sockaddr_in for the mpm_winnt. I figured and fixed this, this weekend when
> > > I wanted too see if the IPv6 support for Apache on NT worked or not.
> > > It did compile but without IPv6 support. After some hours of changing
> > > things, enabling getaddrinfo() etc. I suddenly had a IPv6 enabled
> > > mpm_winnt version of Apache 2.0.32. I will be cleaning up the diff tonight
> > > and fixing the fact that IPv6 addresses get logged quite weirdly, which
> > > is a weird offset effect. You'll probably get the diff tomorrow morning CET

> I haven't made a proper diff, nor the cleanups, but if you copy the files
> from:

A suggestion:

Work on APR first (and submit your patch to  Get
the APR test programs (client, server, sendfile) working nicely.
Once that is resolved/mostly resolved, then work on Apache.

Some notes on your current code (which I'm guessing at since there is
no diff :) ):

We would not want to define struct in_addr6 and struct sockaddr_in6 in

Please don't use "//" comments ;)

Somebody needs to get to the bottom of the 24-byte/28-byte
discrepancy.  I guess this is related to you setting salen to
"sizeof(struct sockaddr_in6)+4" in set_socket_vars().

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message