httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: I'd like to release 1.3.24...
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 17:32:25 GMT
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:

> I'd like for us to consider releasing 1.3.24 specifically for the Solaris
> pthread fix. I offer to be RM. I'll update STATUS for voting and comments.

+1 from me :(

By the way...  would a shell expert such as yourself know how to catch
a bad exit from apache-1.3/src/Configure in the apache-1.3/configure
code below and make sure that configure exits with a bad status too?

if [ "x$quiet" = "xyes" ]; then
    (cd $src; ./Configure ${vflag} -file Configuration.apaci >/dev/null);
else
    (cd $src; ./Configure ${vflag} -file Configuration.apaci |\
     sed -e '/^Using config file:.*/d' \
         -e "s:Makefile in :Makefile in $src\\/:" \
         -e "s:Makefile\$:Makefile in $src:")
fi

Use case:

Some dumbass like me sets CFLAGS to something bogus and runs
configure...  the bad CFLAGS causes the compiler sanity check to fail
but configure exits with status 0 and a script that does the configure
will keep on trucking until the build fails at a more confusing place.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...