httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 1.3 weirdness with AcceptMutex on Solaris
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:12:01 GMT
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:

> Bill Stoddard wrote:
> >

> > > If httpd is linked sans thread libs, then calling these functions should
> > > always return true, but not actually acomplish anything intended.
> >
> > :-OOO
> >

> I'm not sure *what* the surprise emoticon is, but I'm ditto. It appears
> that there are basically null-stubs in libc for various pthread functions.
> Supremely bogus. First fix would be to always add -lpthread but the
> what we should really do is test if we are compiling with the PTHREAD mutex
> and only add then.

I'm not sure why we'd need to test.  Current code says that if it is
Solaris then we define HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT.  I changed
Configure yesterday to unconditionally add -lpthread (it looks to me
that we get -lthread for free since -lpthread is a wrapper???).

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...