httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: has anybody seen worker segfaults?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:33:58 GMT
Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org> writes:

> > Maybe this is a hint...  For a couple of the restart iterations,
> > worker on AIX logs this:
> >
> > [crit] ap_queue_push failed with error code -1
>
> This will only happen in ap_queue_push when apr_thread_mutex_lock or
> ap_thread_mutex_unlock fail (Yes, I do error checking on the
> pthread lock/unlock cases *grin*).
>
> I'm guessing this is a problem with pthread mutexes on whatever version
> of linux runs on RH6.2?

That log message was seen on AIX, not RH.

Since we're guessing, I'll guess that there is a pool lifetime
problem (catch-all?) :)

To make some progress on this I'll get ap_queue_push() to log
something meaningful (which APR call failed, which error) and see if
that sheds any light on it (perhaps EFAULT is the error?).

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...