httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: 2.0.31 coredump on daedalus
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 18:28:44 GMT
On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> I hate asserts.  I don't even know why I put it in there.  This is
> exactly why it is a bad idea to have debug asserts change code.

Seriously.

> How about rolling .32 as the same as .31 with that line changed?
> (Could you make this change on daedalus - that should fix it.)

Well, it's an AP_DEBUG_ASSERT, so it only breaks in maintainer mode,
right?  So IMO it's not worth a rerelease just for that.  If you're
willing to run in maintainer mode, it means you're willing to deal with
this sort of thing.  Post a patch in the release notes, and that should be
good enough.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com