httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject Re: 1.3 weirdness with AcceptMutex on Solaris
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:51:28 GMT
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Jim Jagielski wrote:

| I'm not sure *what* the surprise emoticon is, but I'm ditto. It appears
| that there are basically null-stubs in libc for various pthread functions.
| Supremely bogus. First fix would be to always add -lpthread but the
| what we should really do is test if we are compiling with the PTHREAD mutex
| and only add then.

Adding -lpthread to compile code that does not use any sort of
pthread-related things is a Bad Thing on Solaris.

To save my breath, check out the following URL on the subject:

http://docs.sun.com/ab2/coll.45.13/MTP/@Ab2PageView/13888

And scroll down to the section entitled "Linking With libthread or
libpthread"

Cant we make a rule for Solaris that says "if HPSA defined, add
-lthread -lpthread' to LIBS" ?

/dale