httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hardie <ch...@summersault.com>
Subject suexec and resource limitations
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:46:29 GMT

Hi folks.  I'm mostly an Apache user instead of a developer, but think I
can communicate about this issue well enough to talk to this list (let me
know if I'm wrong).

Mainly, I want to see what there is to be done about issues surrounding
suexec and resource limitations for its child processes.  I first dove
into the matter a while ago:

  http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/6017

and have since left and come back to the issue a few times.  I finally
just set up this page:

  http://www.summersault.com/chris/techno/apache/suexec_rsrclimit.html

to consolidate (I think) all the relevant bug PRs, patches, and discussion
threads on the matter.

Obviously, I wouldn't mind just resolving the issues around Apache
1.3.x+suexec+FreeBSD, but if there's something I could do to contribute to
the larger functionality of suexec, I'm up for it.

I'm interested in your comments and suggestions about how to proceed.

Thanks!
Chris

----- mailto:chris@summersault.com ----------
-------- http://www.summersault.com/chris/ --