httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: problems debugging on Linux platform
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:36:49 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Belen Leonardo Javier wrote:

> I cannot be able to debug modules under Linux, since when I should get into
> the new module, I get a reference to eval.c, line 88... it's driving me
> mad!!!!! I running Apache 1.3.23 on Linux 2.4 and the module is compiled as
> a DSO and I'm using gdb 5.0 as debugger.
> Thanks in advance.
> 	Leonardo Javier BelÚn
> 	AFIP-ARGentina

As I already said when you posted the exact same question on the
apache-modules list:

That's Linux for you.

I don't remember the details, but some versions of gdb with some
versions of libc (and maybe a few other requirements) will not
properly debug libraries loaded with dlopen().  My workaround is to
not use linux for debugging.  If you can link statically, that
would also work around it.