httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Exporting of group information to modules...
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:11:25 GMT
For a little thing I'm doing, it would be so cool to have (if possible) the
groups in which a user is into somewhere in the request_rec structure
(something like ap_table_get(r->notes,"auth_groups") returns a list of all
groups in which the user is authenticated...

It's a pretty straightforward patch seeing the sources for mod_auth.c, but I
might be mislead. Basically, what I have to do is to check if a particular
user is a member of a group at request time: Let's say that my httpd.conf
looks like:

<Location /restricted>
    Require group admins users
</Location>

At request processing stage, I have to figure out if a user is in the
"admins", the "users" or both groups...

Does it make any sense? Is it already there (meaning, am I stupid not to see
it?), and is something someone else wants/requires????

Cheeri'os!! :)

    Pier