httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: FYI: worker not running on Solaris 8
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:30:34 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> writes:
>
>> Not even starting up... Once I launch it, the first child dies, and no
>> workers are left to process requests... Now trying with "threaded"...
>
> Anything in error_log?

Yes, complaining about not being able to set the group ID (and after reading
in the default HTTPD.CONF, I figured out that that was the thing killing the
parent process)...

> "threaded" is no more

Noticed after pulling down the live CVS :) :) And it wasn't the thing I was
looking for anyway... I need perchild (fixed number of processes), since my
processes are becoming pretty big (200/300 megs)... Nothing like putting a
JVM in there, and I can't allow to have it fork()...

    Pier