httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: FYI: worker not running on Solaris 8
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:03:34 GMT
jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>> Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Not even starting up... Once I launch it, the first child dies, and no
>>> workers are left to process requests... Now trying with "threaded"...
>>
>> Great... Should RTFM before complaining :) Setting the group to "nobody"
>> made the trick! :)
>
> You are lucky - My httpd-2.0 hangs in getaddrinfo from apr_sockaddr_info_get,
> the getaddrinfo does 'strange' things with threads -

AFAIK (reading from the OpenLDAP source code), a whole bunch of network-info
functions behave strangely when threaded... At least right now it seems to
build and run nicely on Solaris 8, we need to be in production soon with a
2.0, otherwise we're _screwed_... We need badly threading, we can't handle
an average load of 4000 httpd processes running (and don't ask me why we
can't scale on hardware, that's such a loooong story! :)

    Pier