httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <>
Subject Re: has anybody seen worker segfaults?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 05:15:35 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

>Maybe this is a hint...  For a couple of the restart iterations,
>worker on AIX logs this:
>[crit] ap_queue_push failed with error code -1

In your AIX test environment, can you catch this error
case in action by putting breakpoints at the two lines
in ap_queue_push() where it's about to return -1?

    int ap_queue_push(fd_queue_t *queue, apr_socket_t *sd, apr_pool_t *p,
                      apr_pool_t **recycled_pool)
        if (apr_thread_mutex_lock(queue->one_big_mutex) != APR_SUCCESS) {
            return FD_QUEUE_FAILURE;
        if (apr_thread_mutex_unlock(queue->one_big_mutex) != APR_SUCCESS) {
            return FD_QUEUE_FAILURE;

        return FD_QUEUE_SUCCESS;

That might help isolate the source of the problem.  My two
guesses right now are:
   - pool lifetime problem, or
   - pthread library problem

View raw message