httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy Cache-Control: no-cache=<directive> support Apache 1.3
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:58:40 GMT
"Fowler, Brian" wrote:

> Due to a requirement on a project we are currently working on
> involving using Apache as a caching reverse proxy server to WebLogic.
>
> We are considering implementing the
>
> Cache-Control: no-cache=<directive>
>
> for the Apache 1.3 mod_proxy module so allow us to prevent the caching
> of certain headers served by WebLogic. (In particular the session
> cookie.)
>
> Has/is anyone working in this area? Is there any specific reason why
> this has deliberately not been implemented already? (E.g. performance
> hit?) Any views on this directive?

I'm not 100% sure what your question is.

The apache proxy follows RFC2616 when it comes to understanding and
honouring the Cache-Control directive. The responsibility of setting
this header correctly is that of your Weblogic application.

If the application is braindead, you should be able to use the
capability of mod_headers to add the cache-control header within apache
itself. (As I am aware this should work, as long as mod_headers comes
before mod_proxy in your config. In v2.0, this should work automatically
- but test it first).

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon