httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.31 + fixes
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 21:37:43 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com> writes:
>
> > I've now posted a patch against 2.0.31 that should fix all problems
> > seen so far that have been listed in STATUS.
> >
> > It's at:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/httpd-2.0.jre.patch
>
> What Greg is running now is missing this stuff from your patch:
>
> . canonical name change
> . loglevel changes
> . anonymous shmem calculation (run-time error)
> . shmem ptr arithmetic (compile-time error)
>
> I have no strong feelings about whether or not the canonical name
> change should be in a hypothetical 2.0.32 beta.  I think the other
> three items should definitely be in a hypothetical 2.0.32 beta.

+1 on turning Justin's patch into 2.0.32 somehow.  I don't care one way or
another about the four things I'm missing at the moment (as long as they work,
of course :) .

My short term goal was to produce something post-.31 that is stable.  It looks
like we have achieved that goal.  Once I really had the ap_rgetline patch
applied, Jeff was unable to break the input side, so ignore all the recent
coredumps.  I was able to log in to the bug db normally.  Log replay didn't
hiccup. fwiw, the test server on port 8092 got scanned by a web crawler with no
ill effects.  I'm putting this into production when the traffic quiets down.

Greg