httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.31 + fixes
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 19:54:26 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> I've now posted a patch against 2.0.31 that should fix all problems
> seen so far that have been listed in STATUS.
>
> It's at:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/httpd-2.0.jre.patch
>
> The changes are as follows:
>
> * fix an AP_DEBUG_ASSERT() call.
>     - modules/http/http_protocol.c r1.391
> * fix mod_auth_dbm to use apr-util:
>     - modules/aaa/mod_auth_dbm.c r1.42
>     - modules/aaa/config.m4 r1.54
> * fix input filtering problems, add the canonical name fix, fix the
>   log levels of read_request_line/get_mime_headers.
>     - server/protocol.c r1.81
>     - server/core.c r1.147 (modified to remove r1.143 changes)
> * fix shmem size calculation and fixes some void* arithmetic
>     - srclib/apr/shmem/unix/shm.c r1.14
> * fix APR-util to correctly detect and use Berkeley DB1 on FreeBSD,
>   and correct expat detection:
>     - srclib/apr-util/build/apu-conf.m4 r1.31
>     - srclib/apr-util/dbm/apr_dbm_berkeleydb.c r1.17

I copied all the patches I have on my newest daedalus build to
http://www.apache.org/~gregames/ .  The patches ending with .31.patch should
very closely resemble committed patches.  Other than that, save_input.patch is
the usual debugging patch, and enfile.patch is to allow the child to gracefully
exit without killing the parent if accept() gets ENFILE.

I plan to reconcile these RSN.

> I could tag this as JRE_1 or something, but I'd need to branch
> out server/core.c to remove 1.143.  I think this is doable, but
> I'd like feedback on what we think of that, and to know what else
> we want to add.

I'm assuming if JRE_1 looks like a keeper, we can merge the branch back into
mainline and create a public tag out of it.  ++1 if so.

Greg