httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: bugdb userdatabase
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:26:20 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> Woops.  I just realized the AuthDBMType directive is already there, so my
> diagnosis must be wrong.  Oh well, any ideas?

well,

 AuthDBMUserFile /home/apmail/bugdbaccounts
 AuthDBMType DB

was just a guess.

my ideas:

* find a Smart Person (certainly not me) who can bless the config.  Ian told me
the config was OK if daedalus has berkelyDB, but I don't know the answer to
that.  I assume it is true because mod_auth_db and AuthDBUserFile used to work.

* assume it's a code bug, and proceed accordingly

The "could not open" message is probably an important clue:

[Tue Feb 05 02:35:30 2002] [error] [client 61.11.11.198] (2)No such file or
directory: could not open dbm auth file: /home/apmail/bugdbaccounts, referer:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/

[gregames@daedalus apache]$ ls -l /home/apmail/bugdbaccounts
-rw-rw-r--  1 apmail  apcvs  16384 Dec 28 01:37 /home/apmail/bugdbaccounts

I'll fire it up on port 8092 and see if I can get a truss.

Greg