httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/experimental cache_storage.c mod_cache.c mod_cache.h
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:53:23 GMT
ianh@apache.org wrote:

>   add another option.. CacheIgnoreCacheControl. this ignores a 'incoming request's
>   attempts to get a fresh copy. Mainly I see this as being usefull in r-proxy's

Ignoring the cache control headers effectively breaks the HTTP protocol
- is there a specific application for this option?

We need to be careful with some of the ability to override these headers
- it must be made clear in the docs or the config options that these are
non standard functions that should not normally be used unless the admin
knows what they are doing.

For example, ignoring Cache-Control might cause the server to ignore
Cache-Control: no-store, which could be viewed as a security issue (even
though a minor one).

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon