httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: more minor 2.0.31 breakage
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 02:39:07 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Greg Ames wrote:
>
>>I just noticed that autoindex listings from apache.org no
>>longer display the folder icon for directories.  You see
>>a '?' icon instead.  The Rodent tells me there's some kind
>>of magic type that mod_autoindex uses to figure this out.
>>Not debugged yet.
>>

> As an unsubstantiated WAG, I would guess that the subrequest
> that's sent off to determine the content-type is running
> afoul of mod_dir somehow, and S_ISDIR isn't set correctly
> when it comes back.

BTW, since you are talkinga about mod_autoindex, I don't recall that it
was working this way before:

I've uploaded a dir with files to apache.org/~stas/. as of that moment
apache.org was running 2.0.28. I was trying to view apache.org/~stas/,
all the files/dirs showed up, but not this new sub-dir. When I've tried
to enter the new directory manually
http://apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/ I've got 500 error. Looking at
error_log revealed that I had a broken .htaccess in that directory. I
don't understand why mod_autoindex won't display the directory in the
index's listing.

I think it's a bug. The sub-directory can be password-protected. Does it
mean that mod_autoindex won't display it, since it'll fail to run the
sub-request?