httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dwayne Miller" <dmil...@espgroup.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.31 on Windows
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:57:26 GMT
I tracked down my problem with not being able to run Apache as a
service.  The ServerRoot param was not set correctly.  It was /Apache2
instead of D:/Apache2.
This configuration file error was never logged anywhere.  Not only that,
even with this setting, Apache would run fine from the command line.

But trying to start as a server, the ap_walk_config() routine, called in
server/config.c returned the error  and called exit(1).

Somewhere, this error should be presented to the user.  I'm just not
sure where, or how to do it.