httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dwayne Miller" <>
Subject Re: 2.0.31 on Windows
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 17:06:33 GMT
I'm not familiar with the -n apache2 option, but I was just trying to
figure out why I can't get apache to run as a service.  I'm using the -k
start option, a message that it's starting the service appears, but
nothing happens.  In the service.c file, I added a line to print the
'Failed to start the service' message as I was not seeing this message
in any of my log files.  It in fact fails to start the service.

Bill Stoddard wrote:

>Couple of problems noticed in a few minutes of testing
>1. apache -k restart -n apache2 is broken. hangs forever and a new child process is never
>2. If I kill off the child process (by attaching and detaching a debugger for instance),
>the parent should detect the child process exit and start a new child process. Instead,
>the parent goes belly up.
>Beta killers (for Windows at least).

View raw message