httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: httpd 2.0 problem with ap_get_client_block
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:56:58 GMT
RCHAPACH Rochester wrote:

> We are experiencing a problem with ap_get_client_block where a module
> (Tomcat in this instance) is calling ap_get_client_block() to read stdin
> and the last read (the one where we get back 0 bytes) is hanging for
> Timeout time before returning.

> Kent Bruinsma
> bruinsma@us.ibm.com

Just got off the phone with Kent.  He called me because he's got a 4 day
outbound email lag before his posts show up on the list (???) and wanted to save
us some time.  This turned out to be a Tomcat bug.  It was calling
ap_get_client_block an extra time, causing an extra read which timed out.

He's working on 2.0.31 or something close, and ebcdic translation is still
working fine.  He had to work his way thru the input side code in order to
figure out what was happening, and liked the look of the code.  So
congratulations, Justin, nice job!

Greg