httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: installing binaries in sbin?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 06:58:51 GMT
On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 10:41:09PM -0800, Brian Pane wrote:
> Did something break just recently in the configure script for 2.0?
> A 'make install' is installing the httpd binary in prefix/sbin rather
> than prefix/bin

Yes. Due to some changes I committed we've fallen back on the autoconf
defaults. I apologise for the inconvience until this gets sorted
out, but in the mean time you can actually specify your own paths now
(as this didn't work before):

./configure --prefix=/foo --exec_prefix='${prefix}' --sysconfdir='${prefix}/conf' --sbindir='${prefix}/bin'
--datadir='${prefix}'

(The literal '${prefix}'s will be replaced properly.)

We (Thom and I) are working on a fix for this, but it's a bit involved,
-aaron