httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: --enable-layout and overriding --prefix
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:11:28 GMT
* Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com) wrote :
> Aaron Bannert wrote:
> >
> > As I pointed out in my message *and* on irc where we were just having
> > this discussion, there is no way to let --prefix override the layout
> > with autoconf in a way that is guaranteed to work across versions
> > of autoconf, at least as far as I can see.
>
> Am I being especially thick to-day?  If the layout is processed
> earlier in configure than the other arguments, why doesn't that
> solve the problem?  I wasn't aware of any parallelisation done
> by configure.. :-)
Layout is processed as early in configure as we can do it(before any other
custom arguments), but autoconf
handles --prefix and friends first as part of its default code. Thus, prefix
etc get set, and then layout blows them away. (Autoconf also doesn't provide
any way to check whether the variables are defaults or have been set with
arguments passed to configure.)
The way 1.3 worked was to run layout first and then handle the other
variables.
Cheers,
-Thom