httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: daemontools/foreground support in 1.3.*
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:29:35 GMT
On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 04:00:34AM -0500, Michael Handler wrote:
> I completely understand the desire to not to introduce substantial
> changes into 1.3.* at this point, as well as encouraging people to
> test the stability and correctness of 2.0. However:

I have added it to our contrib section for now:

http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/contrib/patches/1.3/daemontools.patch

This should give you an "official" place to download it.  I
have also added a note in 1.3's STATUS.

And, BTW, I would appreciate it if people would stop spreading
FUD like 2.0 "arguably won't be [ready] for some time."  It's
in production usage right now.  *You* may not judge it production
quality - most of us do.  The only thing stopping a GA is some API
changes (Cliff!) and small bugfixes (fast_redirect, worker
robustness).  We also need to wait to give the 3rd-party providers
one last chance to get their modules working (php).  -- justin