httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Small change to default log file names
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:40:43 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 11:33:36PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Can we change the default log file names form _log to .log?  I have
> moved to Windows recently (work requires it), and on Windows, files must
> have an extension in order to be able to associate the file with a
> program.  I think it would be useful to our users to change this in the
> default config file.

How about just calling it "foo_log.txt" on Windows, the same way
we have .exe on the end of our support binaries? The only reason
I wouldn't want to change what we have now is for the sake of
the billions of places where it's hardcoded to error_log and
access_log in automated scripts. This may or may not be a valid
concern.

-aaron