httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van Zoest <>
Subject RE: OT: whither are we going?
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:30:14 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > MAJOR code change to a large part of the code (Ryan, if you did not,
> > then my apologies on naming you.  IE the per-child MPM stuff).
> The scariest thing about this conversation is that it was sparked by a
> commit that added two comments.  Even worse, those two comments
> essentially suggested a way to move forward on a bug that many people
> have filed bugs about.  And finally, the comments didn't say anything
> about how pervasive the changes would be.

The two comments mentioned that the "PerChild MPM" is to be "re-written".
Which was interpreted as a rewrite of the entire MPM code base.

If it only requires changes in the "Per Child" MPM and no changes in the
general MPM codebase, I do not think people will complain. In some
sense PerChild has been broken for a long time and probably should be
considered experimental.

Sander van Zoest
San Diego, CA, US

View raw message