httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: daemontools/foreground support in 1.3.*
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:41:12 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:26:44PM -0500, Michael Handler wrote:
> hi, guys. i've posted this patch for foreground/supervise support
> in the 1.3.* tree four times since january fifth (when the thread
> for support for this in 2.0 started), and i haven't heard word one
> back from anyone with commit access... i'd really like to see this
> (very simple) feature backported from 2.0 into the 1.3.* tree for
> consistency's sake, and i'd be ecstatic if i could get it in under
> the wire for the 1.3.24 release. can i get some feedback on my
> patch? is there something i'm missing or doing wrong that would
> preclude this from being applied?

-0.  I personally believe that this shouldn't be backported.  If
you want this, you should use 2.0.  Others will disagree vehemently
though, and you may indeed garner enough +1s to get it in.

IMHO, 1.3 should be in bug-fix mode only.  No new features - as
witnessed by our addition of AcceptMutex which screwed up 1.3.23
on Solaris.  If you need this functionality, why not use 2.0 and
help us get 2.0 to be GA?

My $.02 - feel free to ignore me.  -- justin