httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: has anybody seen worker segfaults?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:12:14 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 06:02:26PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> I just tried to hit this on my Solaris x86 box with no luck.  I did
> 200,000 simple requests with a SIGUSR1 sent to the parent ever 2
> seconds.  No segfaults or failed pthread calls, but at the end of the
> 200,000 requests I had 177 stranded connections (client still waiting
> on a response on 177 connections).  I also had 177 connections to the
> httpd port in FIN_WAIT_2.  Weird...

It is my understanding that FIN_WAIT_2 happens on the client side after
the client does an active close but before the server does a close. If
the server process died I'd expect the OS to send a FIN back to the
client, so perhaps you have child processes that never died off from the
previous generation?  On that theory, you would have 177 connections in
CLOSE_WAIT on the server.

-aaron