httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Releases, showstoppers, and vetos
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 20:47:51 GMT
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:37:44PM -0500, Greg Marr wrote:
> FYI, from my reading, I concur that vetos apply in this situation,
> but they apply to the issue being a showstopper, not to the
> showstopper stopping a release.  I read that last sentence as: "An
> issue becomes a showstopper when it is listed as such in STATUS, and
> remains one until someone vetoes it, at which time it is no longer a
> showstopper.  Thus, a consensus is required for an issue to be a
> showstopper, and anyone can move something out of the showstopper
> category at any time."

I think there is a higher barrier of entry to have an item listed
as a showstopper.  If people can not reproduce a problem listed as
a showstopper or do not believe it is a showstopper, then they are
justified in asking for clarifications.  If the person who added
it doesn't come up with a clarification, then I believe it is
permissible to remove it as a showstopper.

No one is removing things from STATUS.  We are just demoting it
from showstopper because the group agrees particular items aren't
showstoppers.  If one person felt so strongly about an issue that
no one else wants to fix, they should fix the problem rather
than complaining that the group doesn't agree it's a
showstopper.  -- justin

View raw message