httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Releases, showstoppers, and vetos
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 20:57:28 GMT
* On 2002-02-06 at 15:54,
  Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com> excited the electrons to say:

> I think there is a higher barrier of entry to have an item listed
> as a showstopper.  If people can not reproduce a problem listed as
> a showstopper or do not believe it is a showstopper, then they are
> justified in asking for clarifications.  If the person who added
> it doesn't come up with a clarification, then I believe it is
> permissible to remove it as a showstopper.

Same deal for vetos; a veto without a valid technical justification
isn't a veto.  I could go along with a showstopper requiring
reproducibility or at least corroboration, but still not
with anyone being able to disagree for no particular reason
and have it stick.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"