httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Releases, showstoppers, and vetos
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 21:10:08 GMT
Nobody can veto a release, period.  It is therefore impossible for
anything to be a showstopper unless it is a pending veto of a commit
or the group makes a decision by majority of -1 on any release until
the problem is fixed.  If the RM doesn't think that is the case,
then they should move the issue out of that category.  If anyone else
has a problem with that, they are perfectly capable of calling for
a vote on not releasing the code until the issue is fixed.

The only reason the showstopper category exists is because I needed
a place to keep track of problems that we all agreed to fixing before
I could cut a release.  That is all.  Now it is just being abused.

....Roy