httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: UseCanonicalName considered harmful
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:44:22 GMT
* On 2002-02-06 at 06:18,
  Roy T. Fielding <fielding@ebuilt.com> excited the electrons to say:

> I'm with Ryan (and we've had this discussion before).  The code is
> busted.  Just fix it -- no need for a config change.

Works for me..

Let's see, then.  Here are some test cases:

ServerName MyServer.Com
[No Listen statement]
  Canonical name should be: MyServer.Com

ServerName MyServer.Com
Listen 80
  Canonical name should be: MyServer.Com

ServerName MyServer.Com
Listen 10000
  Canonical name should be: MyServer.Com:10000

ServerName MyServer.Com:10000
[No Listen statement]
  Canonical name should be: MyServer.Com:10000

ServerName MyServer.Com:10000
Listen 80
  Canonical name should be: MyServer.Com:10000

ServerName MyServer.Com:10000
Listen 20000
  Canonical name should be: MyServer.Com:10000

ServerName MyServer.Com
Listen 10000
Listen 20000
  Canonical name should be: MyServer.Com:<port-used-by-the-request>

Does that seem about right?
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"