httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Any vetos on releasing 1.3.24...
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:16:22 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> * On 2002-02-05 at 16:42,
>   Bill Stoddard <bill@wstoddard.com> excited the electrons to say:
> >
> > I am really against letting this XP issue hold up the 1.3.24 release.
>
> What's the reason for *not* waiting?  In what way did 1.3.23 regress?
> (I.e., what deadly bug is in 1.3.23 that wasn't in 1.3.22?)

Basically, the default mutex on Solaris are noops, which, IMO, is
bad mojo. Even if we release 1.3.24 within a week, we're still 2
weeks since 1.3.23. I am planning on creating a patch file to
go on the site, updating the site to reflect its availability,
and then "pushing" for a 1.3.24 release *soon*.