httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: httpd 2.0 problem with ap_get_client_block
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:01:54 GMT
On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:55:48PM -0500, Greg Ames wrote:
> ooooh...chunked...it could be broken on ebcdic boxes now, due to the changes in
> the input filtering and ap_getline.  It used to be that every byte of inbound
> http protocol data went thru ap_getline and got translated if the source code
> charset wasn't ascii.  I don't know if that's true for chunk headers any more.

Yeah, I think EBCDIC boxes may be broken in ap_rgetline.  I posted
asking for people with those boxes to give feedback.  No one
responded.  I don't think not having EBCDIC support would stop a
beta or even a GA perhaps.  =)

I will add an item to STATUS about the EBCDIC now to remind us
that it may not work.  -- justin