httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Gerdts <Michael.Ger...@alcatel.com>
Subject Re: daemontools/foreground support in 1.3.*
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:03:50 GMT
On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 04:00, Michael Handler wrote:

> This is a tiny change, and the functionality already exists in 2.0.
> Lots of sysadmins are going to be stuck with 1.3.* for a while from
> now, and this is a clear benefit to those of us who utilize
> daemontools, without causing any harm to anyone.

> Am I reaching anyone here, or should I just be quiet?

This is a useful patch.  So useful to me that I just wrote an equivalent
one yesterday.  This is one time that I really should have read the list
archives before I started hacking.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-new-httpd&m=101484615220466&w=2

My aim was only for Cygwin, but should work on most unix-like platforms
with the removal of some ifdefs.  The implementation in
daemontools.patch appears to be a bit cleaner than the one I submitted.

Also, the patch that was put in place at
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/contrib/patches/1.3/daemontools.patch
is not readable.  Could someone do a chmod a+r on it?

Mike