httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Releases, showstoppers, and vetos
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 21:17:04 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@covalent.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 3:02 PM

Let me add one thought.  A veto is not a showstopper - it's a much higher
and binding entity.  However, if someone puts in the SHOWSTOPPER list
"* Outstanding Veto of foo patch" then that showstopper could not be moved,
by anyone, other than the veto'er (or the list if the veto was unanimously
agreed to be an invalid veto.)

A showstopper isn't a veto; but a veto is a showstopper.  You must veto
something specific to carry a showstopper over other's heads.

Bill