httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Any vetos on releasing 1.3.24...
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:52:42 GMT
From: "Bill Stoddard" <>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 3:47 PM

> I am really against letting this XP issue hold up the 1.3.24 release.  Allan Edwards
> been able to reproduce the problem and it is looking more and more like an XP bug.  We
> send a buffer full of "A"'s on the send and the network gets an equal number of trashed
> bytes.

Agreed... I suggested to Jim that if this bug isn't resolved in the next two
weeks while other bugs are addressed, then we release 1.3.24.

Going back to Roy's point - too many releases, too fast, undermines the
credibility that we are really have our eyes on the ball.  Waiting a full
month for 1.3.24 isn't unrealistic, and gives Netware folks a chance to 
test the many improvements Brad just introduced.

View raw message