httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Thoughts on 2.0.32
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:52:09 GMT
> Since it sounds like Win32 is busted (I'd say it'd be fine to
> say that .31 is beta but doesn't work on Win32, but wrowe doesn't
> like that),

IMNSHO, .31 should be released as a beta, with the understanding that it
doesn't work on Win32.  That is a PITA, but it wouldn't be the first
time that a release of Apache didn't work the same on all platforms.

> how about just taking the .31 tree, tagging *that* as
> .32, and carefully bumping files that resolve issues into .32 and
> the RM can carefully decide which other recent commits/changes are
> worthy of inclusion in .32?

I strongly disagree with doing this.  Watching each commit to determine
if it belongs in .32 is completely against our release model.  Either
the code keeps moving forward or it doesn't, let's not bastardize the
release model.

Ryan