httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 17:38:01 GMT
I'm not having this problem.  I just started Apache, and killed off the
child process five times on my XP box.  Each time, a new child was
created to take its place.

I stopped the child by opening the Task Manager, and killing the
process.  It took some time to make sure I wasn't killing the parent
process, because for some reason, the pids don't just go in increasing
order like you would expect.

I would help debug this problem, but since I can't duplicate, I am kind
of in the dark.  The best I can suggest, is take a look at the
information that is being set about the generation in the scoreboard.
It is possible that some of the fields in the scoreboard aren't being
initialized in the parent anymore.

Ryan Bloom
645 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA