httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Patch] Reintroduce CREATE_SUSPENDED?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:05:16 GMT
Attached is a patch that reintroduced the CREATE_SUSPENDED.  It doesn't
resume the thread until the pipe is full of our handles for the child.
It must pause while the child starts, before duplicating the listeners.
For the moment that's still sleep (1000) - I'm thinking if we used
PulseEvent on the child's event handle - the child could pulse it itself
once it is awake in the init_child code.  Pulse will reset itself, the
child can go off to processing.  The parent can resume sending the
listeners once it hears that event pulsed.  It saves us wasting another
event for this purpose.

Just a thought.  The code also cleans up just a bit of FirstBill's
hShareError code and some other handle cleanups, so they are all unwound
and unwound correctly upon failure.

Bill