httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] 2.0.32 beta announcement
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:25:42 GMT
Some comments and suggested wording below...

> By my count, we now have 6 +1s for a 2.0.32 beta in STATUS.  Some
> variant of this release has been on daedalus for over a week now.
> I'm fairly confident we have something that is better than 2.0.28.
> Therefore, I would like to unleash this on the world as a beta.
> If you have any formal objections, please state them now.
>
> However, I am going to hold off on formally announcing any 2.0.32
> until we have .zip files to allow our Win32 users source and
> binary access.  OtherBill has volunteered and hopes to have them
> in /dist/httpd by tomorrow morning.
>
> At that time, I will rename httpd-2.0.32-alpha.tar.gz to
> httpd-2.0.32-beta.tar.gz.  I will also post this message to
> announce@httpd.apache.org and the other usual places at the same
> time.
>
> Does anyone have any comments or concerns?  -- justin
>
> P.S. Should we include a link to www.apache.org/dist/httpd in this
> announcement?
>
> Apache 2.0.32 Released as Beta
> ------------------------------
>
> The Apache HTTP Server Project is proud to announce the thirty-second
> release of Apache 2.0.  This is the third public beta of Apache 2.0.
> This release has been tested thoroughly and has been running the
> apache.org web site since Feb. 7, 2002.
>
> Design and implementation of Apache 2.0 is now nearing completion.  If
> you are a module author with specific issues in the API, this is your
> best opportunity to raise them so that your concerns are addressed
> prior to a General Availability release of Apache 2.0.

Design and implementation of Apache 2.0 is nearing completion. Module
authors are encouraged to review the Apache 2.0 API and share any
concerns with the Apache development team at dev@httpd.apache.org.
This is your best opportunity to ensure that your issues are
addressed prior to an Apache 2.0 General Availability release.

Bill sez... 2.0.32 may very well be our first GA release...

> While Apache continously undergoes improvement, major new features are
> now being deferred into the 2.1 version in order to expedite a General

While Apache is continuously being improved, major new features are
being deferred...

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/server/protocol.c.diff?r1=1.83&r2=1.84