httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: UseCanonicalName considered harmful
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:57:56 GMT
> > From: Ryan Bloom [mailto:rbb@covalent.net]
>
> > > From: Rodent of Unusual Size [mailto:Ken.Coar@Golux.Com]

> > > 	ServerName foo
> > > 	Listen 30000
> > >
> > > You're saying that this is incorrect and invalid?
> >
> > Not at all.  I am saying that in this case, the canonical name
should
> > be:
> >
> > foo:30000/
>
> I may be missing the point here, but I think Ken's configuration
example
> is
> invalid.

It is today.  Ken and I both agree that his config is actually correct,
and the code today is incorrect.  We are discussing how to fix it.  Ken
has suggested:

ServerName foo
Listen 30000
UseCanonicalName HostOnly    (the exact argument is probably wrong)

I am suggesting that the config should work as it exists above, the same
way that it would have in 1.3 if the config had been:

ServerName foo
Port 30000

Ryan