httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:38:31 GMT
> >    RELEASE NON-SHOWSTOPPERS BUT WOULD BE REAL NICE TO WRAP THESE UP:
> >  +
> >  +    * With AP_MODE_EXHAUSTIVE in the core, it is finally clear to
me
> >  +      how the Perchild MPM should be re-written.  It hasn't worked
> >  +      correctly since filters were added because it wasn't
possible to
> >  +      get the content that had already been written and the socket
at
> >  +      the same time.  This mode lets us do that, so the MPM can be
> >  +      fixed.
> >

> -1 on an MPM rewrite until after 2.0 GA is released

Huh!?!?!?!?  You can't veto fixing code that doesn't work.  Even more,
you can't veto work that somebody wants to do.  The whole point of Open
Source is that we all get to do what is most interesting to us.

I am fairly confidant in saying that I want to see a GA release more
than anybody else here, except for possibly Bill Stoddard, because the
two of us have been working on 2.0 for longer than anybody else on this
list.  However, this push for GA regardless of quality or how fun the
project is really makes me wish that we weren't nearly so close to one.
:-(

Ryan