httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: [RFC] -- adding DNS timeout/retry directives to the core
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 18:08:54 GMT
Why do your web servers rely on DNS at all?  If your config file doesn't
specify HostNameLookup on, and you always use dotted quad notation, the
server shouldn't ever use the DNS server.  If it does, I would consider
that a showstopper.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  rbb@covalent.net
645 Howard St.              rbb@apache.org