httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Random languages for httpd.apache.org/docs (fwd)
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:01:54 GMT
> > So we shouldn't just patch httpd.conf.  We need to figure out what
is
> > going wrong.
>
> I believe nothing is wrong.
>
> I believe it is working as intended.  Fix the config file, and
> move on.  I will attempt to commit a change that makes PREFER
> and FALLBACK the default for ForceLangPriority in the code, but
> I'm not sure when I'll be able to commit that.  OtherBill may
> beat me to that.  (I believe he is taking a well-deserved
> vacation this weekend.)  -- justin

I agree 100% with everything Justin said.  The only bug in the code is
that we have a default in the standard config file that doesn't match
the default in the code.  My boss keeps trying to convince me that it is
a bug if the software doesn't "just work" with an empty config file.
While I'm not sure I am at that point, I do believe that it is a bug if
we have a default in the standard config that isn't a default in the
code itself.

Ryan