httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Window MPM debugging
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 15:12:20 GMT
FYI... I downloaded the Windows MPM from 2.0.31 (including Ryan's patch to get the MPM
looking more like the Unix MPMs), changed ap_new_connection() to
ap_run_create_connection() compiled it, and it works much better than HEAD as a service
(though I do not recommend shipping it :-)

apache -k restart -n apache2 works
apache -k stop -n apache2 works
apache -k shutdown -n apache2 is broken (and I understand why)

So, some commit between then and now broke restarts. Perhaps some code rearranging changed
timings and exposed a bug that was always there but no one noticed. Dunno, but it would
make sense to start incrementally applying patches to the 2.0.31 level and try to identify
exactly when the breakage occured.

Bill