httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Apache 2_0_31 is now rolled
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:30:57 GMT
> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:58:00PM -0500, Greg Ames wrote:
> >
> >>daedalus is unhappy when I run ./config.nice.  I intentionally
didn't
> run
> >>./buildconf first so I could test the included configure scripts.
> >>
> >>Greg
> >>
> >>config.status: creating support/envvars-std
> >>mv: support/envvars-std: set owner/group (was: 1158/0): Operation
not
> permitted
> >>

> > Sounds like permission problems.  Perhaps you need to extract it
> > without a the user-id in the tarballs?  -- justin
> >

> where to from here?
> do we just trash-31 as the tar ball is INVALID ?
> do we start this game again with 32?
> or should we do a 31.1 ?

Just re-roll 31.  As long as the code isn't changed, we are fine to
re-roll tarballs.  The goal is that the tarballs are easy to produce,
using tags that we control.  The biggest problem is that the
rolling_a_release page is horribly out of date, and it is completely
invalid.

All you have to do to roll a release is:

ssh cvs.apache.org
cvs co httpd-2.0
cp httpd-2.0/build/httpd_roll_release .
./httpd_roll_release TAG_NAME logfile_name user

The TAG_NAME is the tag to use to check out the source.
Logfile_name is a log file to use to capture all of the output
User is your user ID, which the script uses to correctly sign the
release.  If you key files are setup correctly, you most likely do not
need that argument.

If you use those four steps, your builds should just work.  If they
don't, then we need to fix the rolling script so that it does just work.

Ryan