httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/netware ApacheCore.imp
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 18:13:23 GMT
Rebuilt and tested Apache for NetWare with the changes and everythings
seems to checkout so far.  Just off hand I don't see anything that will
cause us a problem.

>>> wrowe@covalent.net Thursday, December 27, 2001 10:48:54 PM >>>
Applied, but this needs to be double-checked on Netware.

> wrowe       01/12/27 21:03:08
>
>   Modified:    src      ApacheCore.def
>                src/ap   ap_snprintf.c
>                src/include ap.h ap_alloc.h buff.h
http_conf_globals.h
>                         http_config.h http_core.h http_log.h
http_main.h
>                         http_protocol.h http_request.h http_vhost.h
httpd.h
>                         rfc1413.h
>                src/main alloc.c buff.c http_config.c http_core.c
http_log.c
>                         http_main.c http_protocol.c http_request.c
>                         http_vhost.c rfc1413.c util.c
>                src/os/netware ApacheCore.imp
>   Log:
>     Normalize symbol exports for Win32/Netware to the httpd.exp
reference.
>     Diff tags pre_win_nw_syms/post_win_nw_syms for complete edit.
>
>     Note I've corrected _SEVERAL_ badly declared symbols on Win32
into
>     API_EXPORT_NONSTD flavors (e.g. those using (...) args).  This
may,
>     or may not, break binary compatibility depending on how those
args
>     are addressed, and if those functions were used.
>
>     I've further tested by setting aside the .def file and
rebuilding,
>     and validated that our symbols list corresponds to the
API_DECLARE()
>     macros at this moment.
>
>   Submitted by: Thomas Eibner <thomas@stderr.net>
>   Reviewed by: Stoddard, Rowe

Here is the list of badly declared, now _NONSTD functions (with a list
like this,
I'm afraid much binary compatibility will be lost);

-API_EXPORT(int) ap_snprintf(char *buf, size_t len, const char
*format,...)
+API_EXPORT_NONSTD(int) ap_snprintf(char *buf, size_t len, const char
*format,...)

-API_EXPORT(void) ap_table_do(int (*comp) (void *, const char *, const
char *), void *rec,
-     const table *t,...);
+API_EXPORT_NONSTD(void) ap_table_do(int (*comp) (void *, const char *,
const char *),
+                                    void *rec, const table *t,...);

-API_EXPORT(int) ap_bvputs(BUFF *fb,...);
+API_EXPORT_NONSTD(int) ap_bvputs(BUFF *fb,...);

-API_EXPORT(int) ap_rprintf(request_rec *r, const char *fmt,...)
+API_EXPORT_NONSTD(int) ap_rprintf(request_rec *r, const char
*fmt,...)

-API_EXPORT(void) ap_log_error(const char *file, int line, int level,
+API_EXPORT_NONSTD(void) ap_log_error(const char *file, int line, int
level,
         const server_rec *s, const char *fmt, ...)

-API_EXPORT(void) ap_log_rerror(const char *file, int line, int level,
+API_EXPORT_NONSTD(void) ap_log_rerror(const char *file, int line, int
level,
         const request_rec *s, const char *fmt, ...)

-API_EXPORT(void) ap_log_printf(const server_rec *s, const char *fmt,
...)
+API_EXPORT_NONSTD(void) ap_log_printf(const server_rec *s, const char
*fmt, ...)

And finally, here is a list of the differences remaining between
httpd.exp and the
win32 exported symbols.  I'm posting the list mostly because someone
might want to
httpd.exp
list.  Also, there are a few more missing symbols in the win32 list yet
to be fixed.

--- httpd.exp Thu Dec 27 23:07:54 2001
+++ declared.ref Thu Dec 27 23:45:46 2001
+access_module
+alias_module
+ap_acquire_mutex
+ap_add_loaded_module