httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: plog for log files?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 15:57:41 GMT
"David Reid" <dreid@jetnet.co.uk> writes:

> Jeff,
>
> I think the problem lies in the way that we deal with stderr.  basically
> with threaded freeBSD we have the kernel signal pipe looking at stderr and
> thus always returning 1, even though there is no signal there to process
> (this has been checked by both justie and myself).

FreeBSD bug...

> Anyway, if this won't hurt anything then is there any objection to doing it?
> If there isn't, and given it will cure one bug, I'll commit.

I don't want to see us putting in a lot of work-arounds for FreeBSD
snafus.

If as far as we know just about everything else in threaded Apache
works fine on FreeBSD with this patch, then go for it.

If this is just one of various outstanding issues, adding the
work-around to CVS removes a testcase for anybody wanting to get
FreeBSD threading up-to-snuff and it doesn't make Apache work
reliably anyway.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...